|Resources for Members through Coast-to-Coast Play Safe In The Sun
We are pleased to once again present our grassroots initiative known as Coast-to-Coast Play Safe in the Sun. This member-driven program will extend throughout the summer months to provide tools for local sun safety and skin cancer prevention activities.
Through our exciting Coast-to-Coast initiative, members are encouraged and equipped to create their own educational outreach/screening events in their offices and communities throughout the warmer months.
Designing your own outreach event in your community is simple, fun and rewarding. Some examples of successful activities presented by WDS members in our previous Coast-to-Coast programs have included:
- In-office skin cancer screening days and sun safety education
- School assemblies and classroom visits
- Community talks to local organizations and clubs
- Outreach at baseball games (pro and Little League) or other sporting events.
- News interviews in local media
- Workplace screenings (dermatologist visits local newspapers and businesses)
To join in the effort, just follow these easy steps:
- Go to www.playsafeinthesun.org/coast2coast/toolkit and complete an activity form.
- Request a sun safety kit to be shipped to you for your event. You will receive educational materials from WDS and a box of sunscreen provided by La Roche-Posay for your activity.
- Download WDS and Don't Fry Day Educational Resources available here
- Call 1-877-WDS-ROSE (937-7673) with any questions or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Present your event, enjoy and send us some photos!